Gm final Practical short case

 Final practical examination-short case

February 08, 2022

FINAL PRACTICAL EXAMINATION-SHORT CASE


Feb 8,2022 


"This is an online E log book to discuss our patient's de-identified health data shared after taking his / her guardians signed informed consent. Here we discuss our individual patient's problems through a series of inputs from available global online community of experts with an aim to solve those patients clinical problems with collective current best evidence based inputs .This E log book reflects my patient centered online leading portfolio and your inputs on the comment box is welcomed."


CHIEF COMPLAINTS:


A 50 year male farmer ,manual labourer,brought to casualty with h/o altered sensorium since 1 day


H/o fever since 4 days.


HISTORY OF PRESENTING ILLNESS -


Patient was apparently asymptomatic 4 days ago,then he developed fever which is high grade,No diurnal variation, associated with chills.


No h/o cough and GE symptoms. 

Attenders tells h/o stoppage of oral hypoglycemic agents for 3days, h/o decreased intake of food as he has fever.


H/o altered sensorium since 1 day.


Irrelevant talk,not recognising attenders since this morning .


Able to move all four limbs,No h/o vomitings, head ache, seizures.


Took him to nalgonda hospital, TLC-13,000:POT-5.0:CREATININE:2.9


SHIFTED HERE FOR FURTHUR MANAGEMENT. 


PAST HISTORY - 


H/o TB 2YRS back used Anti Tubercular Therapy for 6 months.


Diagnosed as Type -2 Diabetes mellitus on Oral hypoglycemic agents 1 YR back.


No H/O Hypertension,asthma,Cerebro vascular accident


PERSONAL HISTORY :


DIET - MIXED,


APPETITE -NORMAL ,


BOWEL MOVEMENT - REGULAR , 


BLADDER MOVEMENTS - REGULAR, ADDICTIONS-H/O 

ALCOHOL-REGULAR INTAKE OF 180ML SINCE 30YRS,STOPPED SINCE 2YRS AFTER DIAGNOSIS OF TB.


RECENTLY ALCOHOL INTAKE ON JAN 15,2022.


FAMILY HISTORY: 


Non-significant.


TREATMENT HISTORY: 


on oral hypoglycemic agents since 1 year


ON Anti Tubercular Therapy for 6 months


ON EXAMINATION -


PATIENT IS CONCIOUS , INCOHERENT, NON COOPERATIVE


NO ICTRUS 


NO PALLOR


CLUBBING:present.


NO CYANOSIS , NO LYMPHADENOPATHY, NO EDEMA


VITALS - 


TEMPERATURE - 97' F


PULSE RATE - 126BPM


BLOOD PRESSURE - 190/80 MM OF HG 


RESPIRATORY RATE - 28


SPO2 - 97 % AT ROOM AIR

GRBS-HIGH.


SYSTEMIC EXAMINATION - 


CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM : S1 AND S2 HEARD , NO MURMURS


RESPIRATORY SYSTEM : BILATERAL AIR ENTRY PRESENT ,NORMAL VESICULAR BREATH SOUNDS


DYSPNOEA PRESENT.


P/A - soft,non tenderness, no organomegaly


CNS: Pt is conscious, inorientation ,non cooperative


Motor system:unable to move right LL against gravity.


Tone - Rt Lt


U/L N N


L/L ?HYPO N            


Reflexes:


Biceps,triceps,supinator,knee,ankle:can't be elicited.


B/L PLANTAR EXTENSION PRESENT.


O/E NECK STIFFNESS PRESENT,APPEARS TO BE ?SPONDYLOARTHROPATHY.


INVESTIGATIONS:












PROVISIONAL DIAGNOSIS:

CASE OF ALTERED SENSORIUM SECONDARY TO DKA.


TREATMENT :

1.IVF 2 UNITS NS IV_BOLUS/STAT.

AND THEN IVF NS@100ML/HR

2.INJ.HAI 6U/IV/STAT

3.INJ.HUMAN ACTRAPID 1ML(40U) 

4.INJ.THIAMINE 1AMP IN 100ML NS/IV/OD

5.INJ.OPTINEURON 1 AMP IN 100ML NS/IV/OD

6.GRBS MONITORING-EVERY HOURLY.

7.INJ.MONOCEF 2GM/IV/BD.


Comments

  1. Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.For my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
    Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure. I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet began to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center hands whom god has blessed with ancestral herbs and a gift to heal people with diseaseSo I made a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have been watching my health for 6 years now and I actually confirmed that his herbal medicines are a permanent cure and I'm so happy that I came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr Itua herbal center Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com if you went through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because to be honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A 65 years old male patient complaints of

Second internal assessment